Query for backlinked work items for a certain work item ID

Description
Tzoma

Query for backlinked work items for a certain work item ID

Postby Tzoma » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:39 pm

Hi everybody,

I'm struggling to get a valid query for a report that should do the following :

List all Work Items of type:X not in the deleted state that have not been affected by Work Item ID : 123 of type: Y

So far i have the following query:
type:X AND NOT status:st_deleted AND backlinkedWorkItemsCustom:childtype=Y#role=affects

I needed the custom plugin so that i could get the 'opposite name' for the link role.
Type X is a parent of type Y.

I do get the results for the query so far, listing all type X IDs for which I have an "affected by" role for type Y WIs.

But i need to filter this list so that i get the results for all BUT a certain ID : 123 work item of type Y.

Any thoughts ?

Thanks for your help :)

TanmayaBakshi

Re: Query for backlinked work items for a certain work item ID

Postby TanmayaBakshi » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:20 am

With this extension you can query for work items which have a backlinked work item with a special type and/or link role. Native Polarion backlinked query syntax is only able to search for backlinked work items within ONE work item id./p>

For example, with this extension you can query for all work items from type “specifications” which are linked with a work item from type “task” with the link role “relates_to”.

Furthermore it is possible to search for work items which have NO backlinked work item with a special type or link role. For example you can query for all test cases which have no backlinked defect. Or you can search for defects which have a backlinked task work item and are therefore tracked to get resolved.

Just use following syntax in Polarion query input field:
type:specification AND backlinkedWorkItemsCustom:childtype=task#role=*
to search for specifications which have a backlinked task work item independent of the link role.

You can also use the wildcard * for “childtype”:
type:requirement AND backlinkedWorkItemsCustom:childtype=*#role=cr_spec
to search for requirements which have a backlinked work item with the link role “cr_spec”.

Otherwise you can also search for work items which have NOT a backlinked work item:
type:specification AND project.id:swpf_02 AND backlinkedNotWorkItemsCustom:childtype=task#role=relates_to
to search for specifications which have no backlinked task work item with the link role “relates_to” within the project “swpf_02.

Return to “Polarion Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)”