Where is the "View Location URL" and "View Location Diff URL" links utilized in polarion?

Description
sjpatel1992

Where is the "View Location URL" and "View Location Diff URL" links utilized in polarion?

Postby sjpatel1992 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:05 pm

As the title suggest, I would like to know when does the "View Location URL" and "View Location Diff URL" come into effect. I understand that the "View URL" is utilized by the linked revision field of a work item, but I am not able to find anywhere in the documentation regarding the use of the other two. Thanks.

NickEntin

Re: Where is the "View Location URL" and "View Location Diff URL" links utilized in polarion?

Postby NickEntin » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:35 am

Hi,

when you connect Polarion to an external repository (which might be e.g. SVN, Git, Perforce or any custom integrated one), Polarion will use those URLs to open: preview of the linked resource/revision or correspondingly, diff of the resource with previous version.

Check Administration/Repositories/Add new repository of a project.

Best regards,
Nick

jandlj

Re: Where is the "View Location URL" and "View Location Diff URL" links utilized in polarion?

Postby jandlj » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:53 pm

Hello

The "View Location URL" and "View Location Diff URL" come into effect in Activity stream macro.

The {activity-stream} macro displays the stream of activity which has occurred on your Polarion portal. The activity stream is similar to the news feed feature on social media sites. The macro's parameter enable you to restrict the amount of information displayed. For details, see the Activity Stream topic in the embedded Wiki Syntax Help in the Wiki editor.

Return to “Polarion Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)”