Diagram editor

Description
martacruzm

Diagram editor

Postby martacruzm » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:53 am

Good Morning
I'd like to know if is possible to add an hyperlink in a Diagram using the Diagram Editor. The hyperlink should be added inside the figure.
I know that it is possible while i'm editing it but, i'd like to know the possibility to click on it once it has been saved.

thanks in advance

denstol

Re: Diagram editor

Postby denstol » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:28 pm

Hello,

I know this post is already 5 years old and unfortunately no replies were added to this post, however my question is still the same :)

I have seen that there is a possibility to add links to elements in the diagram editor, but I'm not sure where the links are used. It seems that the links are working in the diagram editor, but when the diagram is saved the links aren't working. Clinking on the diagram in the LiveDoc just selects the whole diagram.

Any ideas what the function is of adding links to diagram elements?
Is it possible to create a diagram with the Polarion diagram editor with links?

I search on the web and on this forum without results. The only hit was this topic without any replies.

Thank you for answering this question in advance.

Kind regards,

Dennis

ALMighty

Postby ALMighty » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:59 pm

I am confident that it will NOT work to make the hyperlink "clickable" in the saved livedoc or description field of a work item. :cry:

To be honest I tried out the diagram feature for the first time now but as far as I see it,
if you leave the edit mode of the Diagram, the diagram is rendered as a picture and that
picture is placed in the Livedoc or description field (depending where you used that), one indicator for that is that you can stretch the diagram there in all directions while the elements in the edit mode remain untouched of this.

Just think about it: If you would design a diagram that contains a hyperlink with a random desktop application like Bizagi BPM Modeler and then export the diagram as a .jpg, .png and so on, then the hyperlink would also not be clickable in the export.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Playing a good game is never lame. :D

micdal

Postby micdal » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:45 pm

Hi all,

I heard, that Siemens is planning to provide a solution for "clickable diagrams", but that's more than a year ago and I didn't get any update since. So I assume nobody is working on it ...

Regards,
Michael

Return to “Polarion Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)”