Automatic setting of Resolution field

Description
fbachmann

Automatic setting of Resolution field

Postby fbachmann » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:51 pm

My need: allow a user to discard (mark "obsolete" with resolution "mistake" so it's crossed out and doesn't turn up in the reports) a half-baked WI without him having "delete WI" prerogatives.

Current approach: implement an action ("discard") that should set the WI to the "obsolete" status and add a default value for the resolution (say, "mistake").

As the only field that can be set in an action is the date, do I need to go through a .js for this?
Or am I barking up the wrong tree? :shock:
Any hints welcome...

Thanks in advance for any advice
François

NickEntin

Re: Automatic setting of Resolution field

Postby NickEntin » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:01 am

Hi François,

not sure if I understand your issue correctly:
- in the self-implemented workflow function you can set all fields (including resolution) as you wish - you just need to program it.
- constraint "only field that can be set in an action is the date" is applied only for the out-of-the-box Action ChangeField.

Please note that resolution should not be required for workflow transition if you implement Action, which changes it (prerequisites are checked before Actions are executed).

Check some samples here: http://extensions.polarion.com/searches ... 3-workflow - many (if not all) are provided with sources.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,
Nick

Return to “Polarion Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)”