Export Word document without round-trip features

Description
ssimcox

Export Word document without round-trip features

Postby ssimcox » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:30 pm

Is there a way to export a Word document without the requirements of round-trip; i.e. Review, Prioritization or Collaboration. Basically I want to export a Word document that does not have any editing restrictions on the work items; they are just plain.

I have a Polarion Requirements license. I'm new to Polarion so please forgive me if this question has already been answered (I searched the forum and did not find an answer).

Regards,
Scott

martins

Re: Export Word document without round-trip features

Postby martins » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:47 am

Hello Scott,

when you are looking for a editable Word document which looks like the document you created in Polarion's document editor, the answer is no.

You can export a document (in WYSIWYG mode) either as PDF or as Round Trip Document (with the mentioned restrictions).

But there's another word export functionality included in Polarion: When you switch to table or tree view of your document and open the actions menu you can find a dialog named "Export". Starting this "Export Work Items" dialog you can select to export the work items of your document either as Excel, Word or CSV file. You can select different Word Templates for the export and even create your own template. But I asume the result is not what you are expecting because all static content from your document (everything that is not embedded in work items) is not included in this export.

Kind regards

Martin

DCwom

Re: Export Word document without round-trip features

Postby DCwom » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:01 pm

Is there a way to export a Word document without the requirements of round-trip; i.e. Review, Prioritization or Collaboration. Basically I want to export a Word document that does not have any editing restrictions on the work items; they are just plain.

After export we can turn off the restricted editing in Word 2013 by going to Info->Protect Document-Restrict Editing->Stop protection.

Return to “Polarion Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)”