How do I create two or more teams in an agile project.

Description
LarsYde

How do I create two or more teams in an agile project.

Postby LarsYde » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:39 pm

In an Agile Polarion project, I would like to have one portfolio backlog. The backlog items should be executed by 3 teams, each with their own Dashboard displaying the backlog items and burndown, owned by the team only.
I am not sure how to configure Polarion to support that setup. I think I need to create 3 teams, but I dont know how to do that.
In the help or in the webinars, I am not able to find any help on how to create teams in Polarion.
Could you please help me with a suggestion on how I configure my Agile project to support this configuration.

best
Lars

PAkinwa

Re: How do I create two or more teams in an agile project.

Postby PAkinwa » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:09 pm

This is the same sort of issue that I am having.

Thought it was just me being silly.

NickEntin

Re: How do I create two or more teams in an agile project.

Postby NickEntin » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:06 am

Hi,

if you're using Polarion 2014, you can use the Planning feature (this will replace the old Agile-wiki pages, as more convenient).
This allows you to do following:
- create a common backlog (let's say it will be Plan "Common backlog")
- create subplans Team1, Team2, Team3 (the mapping of people to the teams, who is potentially assignable inside of the team is not yet configurable in Polarion, but this should not be a big issue, because during distribution of tasks for sure all involved knows who is where)
- create subplans inside of the teams, e.g. "Sprint XYZ" (here you'll address corresponding items, and reflect progress in parent plans automatically)

now you can assign items from the common backlog to teams, and farther to the sprints (this supports D&D for convenience).
On each level you'll have corresponding dashboard.

Best regards,
Nick

Return to “Polarion Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)”