Enabling Windows Explorer as Subversion repository browser

Description
robertneher

Enabling Windows Explorer as Subversion repository browser

Postby robertneher » Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:40 am

1. Open "Internet Explorer" (not Windows Explorer!)
2. Click in File menu "Open..."
3. Enter your Subversion repository URL in the input field, e.g. http://localhost:8088/repo/demo
4. Important: Check mark "Open as Web Folder"
5. Logon with the username and password given by your system administrator for Apache/Subversion or Polarion USDP
6. You will see a folder structure of your selected Subversion repository in the Internet Explorer. At the same time you see an entry (e.g. demo on localhost) in your Windows Explorer under "My Network Places"

Hint: The entry under "My Network Places" must be deleted if you like to access Subversion with different user credentials. If you miss this point, you will be logged on always with user credentials entered under topic 5 above.
Robert Neher, Polarion Software GmbH

Where?

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:27 pm

[:wink:] Okay I get that but where is all of this going?

robertneher

Postby robertneher » Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:49 am

Well, the idea behind is, that you could drag in non-technical people into your development process, working on development related documents, without this complicated, check-out, modify, check-in thing.

Additionally, if you switch on "Autoversioning commit", user could directly work on Subversion files without copying them into local folder and copy back afterwards.

Does this answer your question:?:
Robert Neher, Polarion Software GmbH

Return to “Polarion Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)”