Optimized Polarion license usage

Description
martins

Optimized Polarion license usage

Postby martins » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:34 am

Currently we are using Polarion with REQUIREMENTS licenses which are fine for our users in 98% of their daily business. Just from time to time they would like to use a feature which is available only with ALM license.

Therefore it would be nice if users where able to select which (concurrent) license they will use when logging in to Polarion. This would enable us to hold 98% REQUIREMENTS licenses and just 2% ALM licenses in our (concurrent) license pool.

Such a feature is already available in other tools and I wonder if there are plans to implement this in Polarion too.

I think it should be possible to implement such a license selector with a Polarion extension but before starting development I’d like to know how other users think about this topic.

So please let me know if you are also interested in such an extension or maybe already have such an extension in use.

Kind regards

Martin

Sandro_F

Re: Optimized Polarion license usage

Postby Sandro_F » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:25 am

At the moment we have also a "free" ALM Licence Pool for users which need to write complex specifications documents. For other daily business jobs a PRO licence is enough.

Currently colleagues need to trigger me and I change the licence in corresponding configuration file. The free ALM licence pool is rotating. So always the oldest used ALM licence will be assigned.

A Polarion Extension would be nice. So people can just pull a request for a ALM licence (like known from German authorities ;-)).

But I think such a licence-changing process is not really desirable for Polarion because they want to sell _new_ licences :shock: :mrgreen: (also if they not really necessary for customers at all).

Return to “Polarion Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)”