Workflow-Configuration

Description
bschorre

Workflow-Configuration

Postby bschorre » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:31 am

Hi all,

I'm specifying the workflow in polarion. And I have some questions concerning the conditions and functions of an action.

When I have a look to the workflow.xml-file then there are some names and values which are not described in the online-help.

Does anyone knows how to use these parameters?

E.g. What means:
    - LinkedWorkItemsStatusChange
    - back.link.roles
    - target.state
    and so on

Code: Select all

/* taken from workflow.xml */

<action id="reopen" name="Reopen">
         <cleared>
            <field name="resolution"/>
         </cleared>
        <functions>
            <function name="LinkedWorkItemsStatusChange">
                <param name="back.link.roles" value="depends_on"/>
                <param name="link.roles" value="parent"/>
                <param name="valid.states" value="opened,inprogress,reopened"/>
                <param name="target.state" value="reopened"/>
                <param name="clear.attribs" value="resolution"/>
            </function>
        </functions>         
      </action>

THX
Bjoern

Stepan Roh

Postby Stepan Roh » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:41 am

Hello.

These are described in online help in section Polarion Reference / Administration Reference / Work Items / Workflow however it is not referenced from on line help for workflow designer which is not good and will be changed in next version.

Excerpt:

<condition> - if present, specifies conditions, which have to be fulfilled to allow the action. The condition is specified in the name parameter. Currently only LinkedWorkitemsStatus condition is supported. This condition allows the workflow action only if the linked work items are in particular states (e.g. allow resolve, only if all dependent ones are resolved).

The following attributes are used in this tag:

link.roles

comma separated list of link role IDs, which should be checked (the current work item is linked to some other). At least one link.roles attribute must be set.

back.link.roles

comma separated list of back link role IDs, which should be checked (another work item is linked to the current one). At least one back.link.roles attribute must be set.

valid.states

required attribute. Comma separated list of IDs of valid states of linked Work Items.

The example of the <condition>:

<conditions>

<condition name="LinkedWorkitemsStatus">

<param name="link.roles" value="contains,depends_on" />

<param name="valid.states" value="resolved,closed" />

</condition>

</conditions>

<functions> - if present, specifies the functions, which should be triggered by the action. Currently only LinkedWorkItemsStatusChange function is supported. It changes status of linked work items on a workflow action. The email notifications about the change are generated.

The following attributes are used in this tag:

link.roles

comma separated list of link role IDs, which should be checked (the current work item is linked to some other). At least one link.roles attribute must be set.

back.link.roles

comma separated list of back link role IDs, which should be checked (another work item is linked to the current one). At least one back.link.roles attribute must be set.

valid.states

optional attribute. Comma separated list of IDs of valid states of linked Work Items. The valid states will remain unchanged.

target.state

required attribute. ID of the status, to which all checked linked Work Items will be switched (if they are not in the one of the valid.states).

clear.attribs

optional attribute. Names of the work item attributes, which should be cleaned when changing the status to the target.state. (e.g. resolution when reopening)
Stepan Roh
Polarion Software

bschorre

Postby bschorre » Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:58 am

Hi,

that helps a little bit.

But I can't create a workflow where I have an *Error-Report* which depends_on several tasks. And when these task are all *done*, then the Error-Report should be automatically switched to the next state.

Can you give me such an example?

THX
Bjoern

Stepan Roh

Postby Stepan Roh » Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:15 pm

bschorre wrote:But I can't create a workflow where I have an *Error-Report* which depends_on several tasks. And when these task are all *done*, then the Error-Report should be automatically switched to the next state.

This is not possible. The only thing you can do is to allow transition (which must be triggered manually) to next state if all depends_on are done.
Stepan Roh

Polarion Software

Return to “Polarion Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)”