Deleted Item is displayed in the list in the tracker with 'you cannot view this item'

Description
yongpyojang

Deleted Item is displayed in the list in the tracker with 'you cannot view this item'

Postby yongpyojang » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:01 pm

Hi All,

How can I resolve following issue?

The symptom:
After the user deletes hundreds of items and queries it again, the deleted item is displayed as 'You cannot view this item'.
And it is resolved by reindexing, but it is not acceptable to do it every time the user deletes a large number of items.

Reference Video:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YI82T ... cGQVboQ0kA

Jürgen

Re: Deleted Item is displayed in the list in the tracker with 'you cannot view this item'

Postby Jürgen » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:45 pm

Hi

Depending on the performance of the server the index might be a little slow when doing bigger operations on the data. For example we have renamed several documents and directly afterwards all the work items were shown in the wrong documents.

The index is changed in the background so you can continue working with the data while it is updated. When you explicitly start a reindex it is the same, you have to wait for the result, e.g. looking into the monitor. Please keep in mind that the deletion of work items has some consequences e.g. for documents, linked work items etc.

How long does a reindex take when you manually start it? I would propose you retry a similar deletion (if possible) and wait an equal amount of time before doing more queries.

Also, in the standard configuration, nightly jobs will reindex the database anyway, so at least on the following day the index should be correct again, without manual trigger. These jobs can also be started manually in the monitor area, so maybe this is more convenient than the manual reindex.

If this is a regular problem, it might help to do a full reindex with the complete repository. Maybe the index is slightly corrupted from earlier problems, and therefore is not capable of working correctly.

If nothing else helps maybe the support team can do something about it, but you have to call/write them, they will probably not answer here.

Cheers
Jürgen

fbachmann

Re: Deleted Item is displayed in the list in the tracker with 'you cannot view this item'

Postby fbachmann » Fri May 15, 2020 3:46 pm

I had a similar issue with IDs of "unresolvable items" shown in the logs.

Reindexing the whole repository wasn't practical so I un-marked and re-marked the project, which apparently forces a reindex of just the project and solved the problem :)

Just make sure you:
  • don't do this while users are accessing your project (don't know if deactivating the project helps for this)
  • note the exact location and ID of the project before unmarking it (you'll need that info to mark it)
  • and of course have a working backup - but as a seasoned admin, you knew that :lol:

Keep calm & stay healthy, François

Return to “Polarion Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)”