Direct link to Wikipage

Description
Polly

Direct link to Wikipage

Postby Polly » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:22 pm

Dear all,

is it somehow possible to create a direct link to a specific Wiki Page within a workitem?
The direct link should furthermore change depending on the status and type of the item.
Goal is (for example) to have easy access to workinstructions (for example useful for a new Polarion user, who should work on a defect in status xy but doesn't know what he has to do. With a direct link he is enabled to easily find the necessary instruction which is part (somewhere) of the Wiki)

Regards

NickEntin

Re: Direct link to Wikipage

Postby NickEntin » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:34 am

Hi,

you may write a workflow function, which updates hyperlink or just link inside workitem description, pointing to one or another wiki page.

I'm not aware of anything like that existing already.

May be easier to create hyperlink to root of your process description wiki page (with links to each status) to each newly created workitem. So newbies will know they need to scroll to hyperlinks, click on "process" link and see what they need to do for the status of the workitem.
Alternatively, you may add link to "process" as default project favorite (like "Home"), thus this link is always visible on the left-navigation pane.
Moreover, you may pin there a whole space and each page below will correspond to the status of workitems, so direct navigation will be possible too.

Best regards,
Nick

martins

Re: Direct link to Wikipage

Postby martins » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:17 am

Hello Polly,

we developed an extension which runs a workitem-type-specific script every time a workitem is saved. For different workitem types we wrote scripts like this:

Code: Select all

var url = "http://<CUSTOM>?wi=" + workItem.getId();
var role = workItem.getProject().getHyperlinkRoleEnum().wrapOption("<NAME_FOR_YOUR_HYPERLINK>");
var available = false;
var links = workItem.getHyperlinks();
try{
   for (var i = links.iterator(); i.hasNext();) {
      var link = i.next();
      if(link.getUri().equals(url)) {
         available=true;
      } else if(link.getRole().equals(role)) {
         workItem.removeHyperlink(link.getUri());
      }
   }
} catch (e) {
}

if(available==false) {
   workItem.addHyperlink(url, role);
}

For us this works fine and I think this example can easily be adapted to your needs.

Kind regards

Martin

Return to “Polarion Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)”