Copy/Paste Workitem Ritch Text Field

Description
Spring

Copy/Paste Workitem Ritch Text Field

Postby Spring » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:36 pm

Hello,

I'm trying to copy some text from the clipboard into a ritch text field of a workitem using Firefox 4.0 or 9.01 and the keyboard shortcuts (strg+v...).

I allway get the error message that I have to install "AllowClipboardHelper" or to set the java script settings manually.

I installed the clipboard helper and tried to set the rights manually but it's still not working.

Has anybody got an idea what else I can try to get this working?

NickEntin

Re: Copy/Paste Workitem Ritch Text Field

Postby NickEntin » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:58 am

Hi,

Browsers by default dissallow communication between your host system and the content of the pages, therefore you need to enable Clipboard operations.
For FireFox you can either follow native instructions how to enable it (I found this very cryptic from FireFox, and obviously I'm not the only one, as somebody developed a nice plugin "AllowClipboardHelper", which you simply can install and execute).

As soon you enable this feature, there will be no messages about disabled clipboard. If the messages still comming, please refer to corresponding documentation and make sure it works well. Alternatively you may try to use native description of FireFox for enabling clipboard operations.

If you don't see the messages, but copying/pasting doesn't work - please approach support with more details:
- does copy work? Can you paste copied results to some other application, like Word?
- how paste behaves - what you expect and what you get

Best regards,
Nick

Spring

Postby Spring » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:41 am

I allready installed AllowClipboardHelper and I tried to do the mozilla settings manually.

I'm able to copy and paste information fron one ritch text field into an other by right clicking on my marked text.

But when I try to do it with the keyboard shortcuts "ctrl+c" or "ctrl+v" I get the error message about disabled clipboard.

woecki

Postby woecki » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:00 pm

hi,

when i last tried AllowClipboardHelper it didnt work for me either. used a clean, new ff profile but didnt let me copy&paste :-(. maybe an issue of firefox version, don't remember which version of ff & the addin i tried.

what workes for me (and several colleagues) was creating user.js in firefox' profile directory and filling it with
user_pref("capability.policy.policynames", "allowclipboard");
user_pref("capability.policy.allowclipboard.sites", "http://polarion.foo.com http://polarion2.foo.com");
user_pref("capability.policy.allowclipboard.Clipboard.cutcopy", "allAccess");
user_pref("capability.policy.allowclipboard.Clipboard.paste", "allAccess");

what works too is the "NoScript" extension with appropriate configuration (e.g. there's an option for allowance of opening links to local filesystem[file://///server/dir/file.txt], just in case you have links in polarion to some company/project-network-shares).

br woecki

Spring

Postby Spring » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:28 pm

I found the problem:

It works now with AllowClipboardHelper.
It was NoScript. I was not able to find the right settings so I had to deactivate it.

Thank you for your Help!

Return to “Polarion Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)”