Questions on "project group"

Description
hsack

Questions on "project group"

Postby hsack » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:43 pm

I am interested in using project groups. Does anyone know where I can find further information?
- Can I turn an existing project into a sub-project of a project group?
- Can I create a wiki on project group level?
- How can I configure the dashboard of a project group (Edit button is disabled)?

Thanks in advance!

NickEntin

Re: Questions on "project group"

Postby NickEntin » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:06 am

Hi,

project group is nothing else than a segment in a path to the project in the repository.
I.e. if your project is located in /a/b/c/prj, then a, b, c are project groups.
You can move the project to a sublocation and parent segment will turn to a group.
You can't define Wiki's on group level - Polarion doesn't "trash" all the repository with own artifacts, only on project level and repository level special containers (".polarion" folder) are created. We want to extend this in the future, but it's not available now.
Dashboard of group is inherited from the repository-level dashboard configuration. Typically it contains references to the context (like what workitems to be shown in the charts, etc.), deeper you go to the hierarchy, less items will be in context for aggregation.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Nick

hsack

Postby hsack » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:27 am

Hi Nick,
thanks for the quick answer! I moved a project to a sublocation but when trying to access the history for a workitem (history tab), the history before the move is not shown. This is like viewing the workitem with "Stop on copy/rename" checked in TortoiseSVNs' log viewer. Is there a way in polarion to get the complete history been shown (any property in a conf file)?

Thanks, Harald

NickEntin

Postby NickEntin » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:10 am

Hi Harald,

stopping on history after physical move in repository is sort of "compromise" feature - following the history to all locations in SVN is quite expensive, therefore for optimization purposes Polarion doesn't do it.
We implemented already several optimizations for similar operations (like move/rename of a document to another location), but it's not yet addressed for the project level.
May be this feature will be implemented in Polarion 2012, you don't need to do anything about - when the issue is fixed, you'll simply will see old history.

Best regards,
Nick

Return to “Polarion Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)”