Query Syntax

Description
Polly

Query Syntax

Postby Polly » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:59 am

Hello,

is it somewho possible to get the currently selcted item (current WI ID) in a query? I'm looking for something similar to $today...

Thanks

NickEntin

Re: Query Syntax

Postby NickEntin » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:16 pm

Hi,

could you please clarify your request?
Where you suppose to use something like "$current"? Note: such thing doesn't exist, but I simply miss the usecase to recommend you any workaround.

Best regards,
Nick

Polly

Postby Polly » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:20 pm

The view I'd like to have is (only) the current WI with special view settings (tree, Depth Value, Direction etc.). Is it somehow possible to get this (workaround you mentioned)? Query syntax?

NickEntin

Postby NickEntin » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:58 pm

Sorry, I still don't understand your request.

Suppose you have table of workitems with 100 items displayed, now you want to type something like "$current" in the search bar and press search again? This should keep only the last selected item in the table?
This works exactly the same way if you type just id of your workitem, e.g. "WI-123" or even simpler "123" (this simple syntax might bring also some linked items, but it will work in 90% of cases). If you need more accurate syntax, it is "id:WI-123", or if you're on a aggregated view and there are many workitems with the same id - "id:PROJECTID/WI-123"

Best regards,
Nick

Return to “Polarion Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)”