Polarion Update Failure

Description
SorrowEyes

Polarion Update Failure

Postby SorrowEyes » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:27 pm

Hi

I get the following error message stating that I do not have permission to update a Work Item using the WebServices.

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: com.polarion.platform.security.PermissionDeniedException: Permission com.polarion.persistence.object.instance./default/EMPTYTEST${WorkItem}EMPTYTEST-263.INSTANCE.read denied for user null in context ContextId[cluster default, context EMPTYTEST]
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
at PolarionWS.TrackerWebServiceService.createComment(String workitemURI, Text content) in C:\Documents and Settings\SorrowEyes\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\PolarionWS\PolarionWS.cs:line 2450
at PolarionSecurityManager.FormPolarionSecurityManager.Process01(Object sender, AsyncCompletedEventArgs args) in C:\Documents and Settings\SorrowEyes\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\PolarionSecurityManager\PolarionSecurityManager.cs:line 306

Note: I am using Visual C# Express 2010 and not the 2005 version as the path suggest.

I did a query for the Work Item that I want, then attempt to update the Work Item comments but got the error message.

How do I get the permission to update the Work Item? I created the that Work Item in Polarion myself, and I am able to edit all the fields.

Here is another puzzling question, when I do the query for the Work Item, I only get the URI fields with correct values. All the other fields are the default value. Does anyone know why?

If you need additional information please let me know.

Thank you,

MyName

SorrowEyes

Re: Polarion Update Failure

Postby SorrowEyes » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:52 pm

I gave up on using C# project and switched over to a Java project. I got the Java to work for the most part. I did ran into a couple of problems.

I am not able to update a workItem fields that are not initialized by using a web browser. After I initialized them via a webbrowser, then I am able to update the value. Has anyone else seen this error? and have found a work around? I'll update as I learn more. My project is in a middle of some changes and I can't re-run the tests to provide additional information.

Is there a way to retrieve an enumeration id of a work item field that is a Custom enumeration field? I want to be able to set an enumeration field knowing only the field id of a work item and the enumeration value of the field.

SorrowEyes

Re: Polarion Update Failure

Postby SorrowEyes » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:52 pm

I was not able to update some of the custom fields. After some playing around, I realized that if a field is not initialized, when a work item's fields are retrieved then they are not in the list. You can add the items to the list, if they do not exists already.

I was also able to figure out how to retrieve a custom field, enumeration id. This can be done by retrieving the CustomFieldType and then casting it to EnumCustomFieldType and then using the GetEnumID. This took some time for me to figure out because it was not straight forward.

I want to learn how to generated the Java Client Code from the server automatically. Is this possible? If so, can you please describe it. I try using the Axis WSDL2Java but I could not get it to run.

Return to “Polarion Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)”