Queries

Description
grussett

Queries

Postby grussett » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:43 pm

I posted this in a different forum but I think it belongs here...

I am trying to extract some data from the history tab of a DCWR record - is there a way to query the information here?

Thank you very much!!

chyliko

Re: Queries

Postby chyliko » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:14 pm

Hello,

querying only works on the current (HEAD) version of data. Older revisions are not indexed and can be only displayed on the History tab as they are, or examined directly in the repository via SVN interface.

I am not sure whether this answers your question. If not, please try to be more specific about what and where (and maybe also why) you are trying to achieve.

Regards,
Ondrej

charts

Postby charts » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:10 pm

I'd like to follow up on this question as I have a similar issue.

If there is not a way to query on a older version of a work item, in what manner should a version of a work item be controlled for future viewing?
My real question being, if I want to be able to query for a requirement under some revision, but the requirement has been updated since then, how would I do so?

Thanks.

chyliko

Postby chyliko » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:50 pm

The point is that it is not possible to query older revisions. In other words, the search operates only on the current version of items.

That however does not mean that you cannot access the historical information - for any individual Work Item you can visit its "History" tab and click any revision number there to see how the Work Item looked in that revision.

You might also be interested in looking into the feature of Baselines, maybe that would help with your use cases.

Ondrej Chylik, Polarion Software

martins

Postby martins » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:38 am

Maybe the following extension might solve your problem:

http://extensions.polarion.com/polarion ... ion=PE-285

Return to “Polarion Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)”