daily builds

Description
Jared

daily builds

Postby Jared » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:20 pm

We currently use ALM for our project management software, and it is great. We want to be able to have our development website updated with Subversion. My first reaction is to install SVN client on the box, and just run update commands on the directory for a daily build from the recent dev branch.

However, I am told Polarion has a built in process to handle this procedure. I am looking through the documentation now, but can you please point me in the right direction? Thanks.

NickEntin

Re: daily builds

Postby NickEntin » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:45 am

Hi,

actually you have a plenty options here:
- you may configure scheduled job to execute something (e.g. copy specific files or run a batch file)
- you may configure Maven build (possibly the best choise here, as it may check prerequisites and, e.g. execute incremental update of only updated pieces
- you may even implement a workflow function (e.g. you have a workitem "WebSite update", and when this workitem gets state "deploy", you run a code, which scans all subitems and collects linked revisions/files and copy them to your website.

Please search in help for:
- Scheduled Jobs
- Maven integration (or build)

You may also approach our professional services, who might assist you for the project - check with your Polarion's sales rep.

Best regards,
Nick

Return to “Polarion Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)”