Documentation for Starteam Conversion

pkwooster

Documentation for Starteam Conversion

Postby pkwooster » Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:04 pm

I just downloaded the SVN Importer so I could try to convert our Starteam repository to SVN. I didn't find any documentation in either the readme or the \docs directory that describes how to do it. I know that I could download the source and figure it out from there, but ...

You can expect a lot more demand for Starteam conversion since Borland has recently abandoned development of JBuilder and if you don't use that, there is little incentive to use Starteam.

dobisekm

Postby dobisekm » Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:31 am

Hi pkwooster,

check the StarTeam part of the config.properties file - it contains the necessary explanatory comments, which should be enough for experienced users.

Since the StarTeam support was contributed recently and haven't make it into the documentation yet.

Michal

pkwooster

Postby pkwooster » Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:54 am

Thanks Michael,

I took a look at the config.properties and it appears to have enough comments to get me going.

Peter

pkwooster

Postby pkwooster » Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:23 pm

I got a simple conversion to work, but encountered 2 problems:

1) how do I request the dumping of multiple projects or all projects in the Starteam system?

2) attempts to convert tags cause an exception when loading into svn. The error is that the tag already exists. The load then terminates. The load succeeds if "only_trunk=yes" is specified or the dump.

Return to “Polarion SVN Importer (Repository Converter)”