New release 1.1-M8 available

NickEntin

New release 1.1-M8 available

Postby NickEntin » Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:14 pm

A new version of svnimporter is available.

Major new features:

• StarTeam provider added – thanks to Gunnar Wagenknecht.
  • SVN copy used for Tags/Branches support for MKS, ClearCase, CVS, StarTeam
  • CVSRCS provider is implemented – import from CVS using repository files directly.

List of Resolved Items
  • SVNIMP-46-StarTeam provider doesn't work with use_file_copy=yes
  • SVNIMP-45-StarTeam provider - token exception when importing whole project without folder specification
  • SVNIMP-43-StarTeam import - integrate contribution from Gunnar Wagenknecht
  • SVNIMP-41-[VSS] Checkout should not be blocked by confirmation requests
  • SVNIMP-39: Using copying to create tags: Implemented for MKS, ClearCase, CVS providers
  • SVNIMP-38-Create log containing source vcs commit message mapped to svn revision
  • SVNIMP-35-[PVCS] Files/Revisions checked out twice
  • SVNIMP-30-Extract VSS Pins and migrate them to SVN branches
    SVNIMP-29-Add VSS Labels as own SVN property
  • SVNIMP-28-Ignore subversion directroy for testing (_svn)
  • SVNIMP-27-Extract VSS branches and migrate them to SVN branches
  • SVNIMP-26-Allow VSS files with a "Pin" set
  • SVNIMP-24-metrics improvements
  • SVNIMP-23-[PVCS] 'svnadmin: Checksum mismatch' error during dump file import
  • SVNIMP-21-[PVCS] Inconsistent PVCS data, which end up into error messages in vlog result are not handled correctly

List of minor fixes:
  • Checkout is done without keyword substitution (SVNIMP-47)
  • Fixed bug in ClearCase history parser, Added test for use_file_copy
  • VSS Documentation fix
  • Added Logging of CVS errors. Now there will be a message in the log why the cvs rlog/ls command failed.
  • Star Team support added to changes.txt
  • Star Team config added to the config.properties
  • Star Team jars added to the run-time class path
  • fixing the Star Team provider build process (adding the required jar to dependencies)
  • SVN signature for not existing path moved to config file
  • CVSRCS Documentation updated
  • CVS: added support for file-copy for branches
  • StarTeam: configure ignores and renamed config.properties (it's really only an example)
  • MKS: removed unused config parameter "mks.recurse_into_subprojects"
  • General Documentation updated
  • CVS: Documentation updated
  • Added file cache support for CVS provider
  • VSS: Checkout should not be blocked by confirmation requests

DiePVCSDie

Can't find the source

Postby DiePVCSDie » Mon May 12, 2008 11:03 pm

Hello,

I didn't see a tag in subversion for the 1.8 build. How do I access it?

Thanks a lot!
Scott

NickEntin

Postby NickEntin » Tue May 13, 2008 7:35 am

Hi Scott,

are you looking for importer sources, corresponding to 1.1.8 release? Or only the build?
The build can be directly downloaded from the web site (this doesn't include most recent changes in the sources), most actual sources could be downloaded from SVN directly - I would not expect any major changes there. I think developers of the importer might have forgotten to set a tag for the release - you may either checkout by revision (may find it by the timestamp). But I think it doesn't worth to look for some old state...

Best regards,
Nick

DiePVCSDie

Postby DiePVCSDie » Thu May 15, 2008 7:21 pm

Thanks Nick, I decided to just use the trunk.

I am having a really hard time trying to build it though. I installed maven and tried the 'build all' goal ('maven -p project.xml buildAll') but it came up with an error when trying to run the 'testCvsProvider' test. In looking at the test it appears that an installation of cvs is required.

My purpose of getting the source is that I want to try to add in the modifications suggested in the discussion http://forums.polarion.org/viewtopic.php?t=1148&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=source&start=15.
Which will hopefully fix the issues I'm having with an PVCS migration. So, I don't have cvs installed.

Do you know if there's a way I could build it without running the unit tests (at least for the other projects)? I'm not too familiar with maven and haven't been able to get very far with the documentation.

Thanks,
Scott

engeleb

Postby engeleb » Fri May 16, 2008 12:22 pm

Hi Scott,
for you the easiest solution is to remove all the org.polarion.svnimporter.*provider projects expect org.polarion.svnimporter.pvcsprovider and org.polarion.svnimporter.svnprovider.
Like that you will only build the projects you need.

Best regards,
Benjamin

dthomas

Re: New release 1.1-M8 available

Postby dthomas » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:14 am

Is the SVN Importer still being worked on? It looks like the nightly builds haven't been working for a long time (maybe as long as two years?). I don't see any recently closed issues either, but perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place.

NickEntin

Postby NickEntin » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:31 am

Hi,

yes and no: there are some minor adjustments for the customers, who approaches 'commercial' products of Polarion and have specific requirements in regard of repository migrations.
There are also several active users, who post patches here in forum.
However it's quite difficult to validate that the changes won't break functionality of other supported systems, therefore we don't automatically (and for quite long time manually) integrate the patches to the trunk.

Nevertheless we're open for anybody, who wants to contribute to the project, granting all the rights to the sources, and willing to take responsibility not only for a singular patch, but also for broader support of SVNImporter.

Best regards,
Nick

Gossioii9

useful tips

Postby Gossioii9 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:32 pm

This is great! It really shows me where to expand my blog. I think that sometime in the future I might try to write a book to go along with my blog, but we will see…Good post with useful tips and ideas

venkat977

Re: New release 1.1-M8 available - inconsistent line

Postby venkat977 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:27 am

We use polarion conversion tools to migrate the clearcase source to subversion. after the migration, we found so many issues. such as.
1. after 20mins 100's files are shows modified in workcopy, but without.
sgs45a-3503:vprasad3$ svn revert -R .
sgs45a-3503:vprasad3$ svn status
M bridge/CsComPortfolioAttribute.cpp
M bridge/CsComTypeAttributeValueSet.cpp
M bridge/CsComParameter.h
M bridge/CsComPortfolio.cpp
M bridge/CsComParameter.cpp

2. lot many issues eol-sytle issues. seems conversion tools sends files to the repository with the svn:eol-style property set is required to normalize the line endings to LF before doing so, and your conversion program didn't.
* seems like bug in conversion tools. coz it unable to normalise inconsistent line ending text files. Please let me if this fixed?

NickEntin

Postby NickEntin » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:44 pm

Hi Venkat,

FYI: importer tool creates SVN dump file, which is NOT cross-platform. The file looks like a text file with Windows(or Unix)-specific linefeeds, but actually it's a binary file.
You must run "svnadmin load" on the same platform, where the dump was created (even if you refer to remote repository, which is on different platform).
This will fix all the issues, you've encountered with EOL.

Honestly I didn't understand the first problem - hope my technical colleagues or other users of the forum will understand this better and give you a hint...

Best regards,
Nick

venkat977

Postby venkat977 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:02 pm

Thanks Nick for prompt response.

I'have created these dump files on Solaris 10 and imported to repository on Linux. so this could be the problem?
If yes, then i'll start create the dump files on linux itself.
Last edited by venkat977 on Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

venkat977

Postby venkat977 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:55 am

I seriously doubt that that is true. Solaris and Linux use the same line endings. I can't see how exporting to Linux in stead will make any difference. i have attached our problems with polarian conversion program.

Please help.

venkat977

Postby venkat977 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:25 pm

Hi Nick / Team,

I'have created the dump and imported on same flatform. still an issue. Please can you help?

* conversion program unable to normalise the inconsistent line ending text files. bug?

< uploaded the doc with error messages and our investigations>

my contact info:

venkat.ibminfo@gmail.com
+65 93764979

appreciate your help on this.

rsanheim

Postby rsanheim » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:18 pm

Hi

Could someone direct me to where to get the latest releases for the converters from the repository?

I tried this SVN repo which was referenced in a different thread: http://svn.polarion.org/repos/community/svnimporter -- but it requires a username and password that I haven't seen listed anywhere.

Thanks,
Rob

chyliko

Postby chyliko » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:04 pm

Rob,

if you register on the Polarion Software website - for example you need an account to download SVN Importer at http://www.polarion.com/downloads/svn.php - the login name and password will also allow you to browse the source code repository.

Regards,
Ondrej

Return to “Polarion SVN Importer (Repository Converter)”