Partial success on dump - No error reported, files missing

sboland

Partial success on dump - No error reported, files missing

Postby sboland » Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:40 pm

After finally succeeding in getting a dump from VSS. (Hints: Change system global settings to 24 hour time. It won't understand single character a or p on the time. In USA I used vss.log.dateformat=M/dd/yy HH:mm )

I appeared to have succeeded in importing everything into the SVN tree. So I thought. However, a small number of files appear in the full_dump file but are not listed in incr_history.txt and do not show up in the final Subversion repository.

At the moment I am at a loss to explain this lapse. No obvious errors have occurred. The file was found in VSS and put in the queue. Yet despite this, the file never made it to the final archive.

Any ideas, hints, or suggestions would be welcome.

Scott - sboland@>removit<shiftwise.net

Polarion team

Postby Polarion team » Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:14 am

Please show your log files and incr_history.txt.

sboland

Postby sboland » Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:28 am

I can' post the full logs. The log files themselves are very large. Can you tell me a useful subset of the file I can send to help you out?

svnimporter.log - 41,269 KB
incr_history.txt - 1,591 KB
full_dump ... - 298,128 KB

If you really want the full file, give me a ftp or svn url I can use to send it to you with.

On a secondary note. It would be very useful to get the version # associated with a particular label, even if this was in a separate file. Since labels aren't supported, would it be possible to have a log report the date of the label, or better yet, the SVN version # to associate with a given label?

dobisekm

Postby dobisekm » Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:11 am

Hi Scott,

I have sent the FTP credentials for logs upload to your email.

Michal Dobisek, Polarion Team

Return to “Polarion SVN Importer (Repository Converter)”