VSS to SVN : no labels

bradburyc

VSS to SVN : no labels

Postby bradburyc » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:55 am

I'm trying to migrate a large VSS repository over to SVN but the converter does not include any of the VSS file labels. Is this expected or am I missing some config setting not mentioned in the manual?

Transfering a repository without the labels is pretty useless since you cannot then build historical versions of the codebase, so I hope this is not a "design feature" of the svnconverter.

Both the Label and Label Comment are transfered into the temporary *_FILE_HISTORY files, so why does this information not make it into the dump file?

dobisekm

Postby dobisekm » Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:24 am

Hi Bradburyc,

unfortunately, as far as I recall, the VSS labels are not converted. There were some VSS improvements contributed by Christian Imfeld (see SVNIMP-25). But if I am correctly oriented, he just placed the Label info into the SVN properties, but not converted it into tag.

Right now, we don't have any resources assigned to work on VSS support, but you would be very welcomed to contribute such a functionality. Please let me know if you decide to do so and would need any help.

Michal Dobisek
Polarion Team

Return to “Polarion SVN Importer (Repository Converter)”