1.1-M7 tries to "cvs ls" under Linux

jfelczak

1.1-M7 tries to "cvs ls" under Linux

Postby jfelczak » Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:07 am

Trying to get the importer to do a full import of a local cvs repository, returns immediately to a shell prompt after only a few seconds, after which I find this exception near the end of the svnimporter.log

07:07:46,228 [main] INFO historyLogger:84 - EXCEPTION CAUGHT: org.polarion.svnimporter.cvsprovider.CvsException: failed to exec the 'cvs ls' command: ConnectException
at org.polarion.svnimporter.cvsprovider.CvsProvider.getModulesList(CvsProvider.java:350)
at org.polarion.svnimporter.cvsprovider.CvsProvider.buildSvnModel(CvsProvider.java:204)
at org.polarion.svnimporter.main.Main.buildFullSvnModel(Main.java:147)
at org.polarion.svnimporter.main.Main.run(Main.java:82)
at org.polarion.svnimporter.main.Main.main(Main.java:49)

Obviously it failed to exec the "cvs ls" command because there isn't any such command. From what I understand the "cvs ls" command is only implemented under cvs for Windows NT, not under Linux. But why is the importer trying to exec an unsupported command? Is there something I need to do to tell the importer that it's not running under Windows?

OS is Red Hat Enterprise 4
CVS version is 1.11.21 (client/server)
SVN version is 1.3.2
Importer version is 1.1-M7

CVS, SVN, and the importer are all installed on the same machine, and CVSROOT and SVNROOT are both under /usr/local.

engeleb

Postby engeleb » Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:44 am

I am not sure if the cvs ls command is not supported by the cvs server or the client running on Unix.

If the unix cvs client doesn't support the command, the cause of the error is something else.
To find out what really went wrong use the current build (http://community.polarion.org/polarion/ ... yout=clear)
which logs the error responses from the cvs server.

If the problem is caused by the cvs server not supporting the cvs ls command, the solution would be to use cvs.modulename=<my_module> instead of cvs.modulename=*. If only one module is imported cvs ls wont be used.

dobisekm

Postby dobisekm » Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:15 am

Hi jfelczak,

I run into this problem as well. The solution was to upgrade the CVS server - even on Linux the latest CVS versions do support the ls command. However, I didn't note the exact versions, it seems to me that xxx.11 was either the last wrong or first working - but I might be wrong, since it's already 6 months ago...

I hope this helps,

Michal

Return to “Polarion SVN Importer (Repository Converter)”