StarTeam in svnimporter2

rcgoforth

StarTeam in svnimporter2

Postby rcgoforth » Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:57 pm

I was able to use svn importer 1.1 M8 to move a small project over to a subversion repository from Starteam, and I am quite happy with it.
However, whenever I try to move one of the main views that we have in starteam, no amount of memory option fiddling seems to get past "Java Heap Space"
Can I use svnImporter2 for a starteam conversion yet? I could not find any documentation in the distributable that indicates how to do so if it is possible. If it is not yet possible is there a tenative timeframe on when startem conversion might be available in svnImporter 2?
Thanks

engeleb

Postby engeleb » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:39 am

Hello,
unfortunately there are currently no plans to implement StarTeam support for svnimporter2.

Best Regards,
Benjamin

gpakosz

Re: StarTeam in svnimporter2

Postby gpakosz » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:09 pm

will this change eventually?

engeleb

Postby engeleb » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:44 pm

Most likely that won't change.
Are you asking because of the heap space problem?
You can work around the problem by increasing the -Xmx value in the run script.
If you already tuned the value to the maximum allowed by java, try to use a 64bit JVM the amount of heap space you can use is practically unlimited.

gpakosz

Postby gpakosz » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:17 am

i was asking because of the problem i'm facing and described in another post
i have the right starteam jars and native dlls, importing trunk only works but it fails when trying to import labels and branches

i was doing all this inside a virtual machine and all was soooooo slow, which is the main reason (along with learning maven) why i didn't try to debug yet

Return to “Polarion SVN Importer (Repository Converter)”