PVCS Importer Problem

singhjoga

PVCS Importer Problem

Postby singhjoga » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:41 am

Hi Everybody,
I am using svn-importer-1.1-M8 to import a large repository. It took 5 days to complete the import. Dump files are more than 9 GB and log file is about 600MB.

Now when I looked at the imported repository in SVN, lot of folders and files are totally missing. I don't know what went wrong. I can see in the log file those folders being processed, but they are not in the SVN repository. Log file shows the following error in the end:

02:40:21,974 [stderr] INFO Exec:84 - svn: Can't remove 'e:/SVN/db/transactions/132-1.txn/node.du8.0'
02:40:21,974 [stderr] INFO Exec:84 - svn: Can't remove file 'e:/SVN/db/transactions/132-1.txn/node.du8.0': The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
02:40:22,365 [Thread-85004] ERROR SvnAdminImportExec:100 - can't copy dump file to svnadmin stdin:
java.io.IOException: The pipe has been ended
at java.io.FileOutputStream.writeBytes(Native Method)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.write(Unknown Source)
at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flushBuffer(Unknown Source)
at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.write(Unknown Source)
at org.polarion.svnimporter.common.Util.copy(Util.java:303)
at org.polarion.svnimporter.svnprovider.internal.svnadmin.SvnAdminImportExec$1.run(SvnAdminImportExec.java:58)
02:40:22,365 [main] DEBUG Exec:80 - Process exit value: 1
02:40:22,381 [main] INFO historyLogger:84 - EXCEPTION CAUGHT: org.polarion.svnimporter.svnprovider.SvnAdminException: Error during execution command svnadmin.exe load --parent-dir ppsf/src/kaar5 e:\SVN: process exit code 1
at org.polarion.svnimporter.svnprovider.SvnAdmin.executeCommand(SvnAdmin.java:339)
at org.polarion.svnimporter.svnprovider.SvnAdmin.importDump(SvnAdmin.java:85)
at org.polarion.svnimporter.main.Main.importDump(Main.java:172)
at org.polarion.svnimporter.main.Main.run(Main.java:94)
at org.polarion.svnimporter.main.Main.main(Main.java:49)

02:40:22,381 [main] DEBUG PvcsProvider:80 - cleanup
02:41:20,333 [main] DEBUG SvnAdmin:80 - cleanup
02:41:20,411 [main] INFO historyLogger:84 - duration: 400383 seconds

Any ideas, what might have gone wrong? Is there any way to try the import again from the existing dump files?

Best Wishes,

Joga

engeleb

Postby engeleb » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:52 am

Hello,
inside the installation folder of svnimporter there should be big files called full_dump_<timestamp>.txt.

You can import them into your subversion repository using the svnadmin load command.

Best Regards,
Benjamin

Devilsbane

Re: PVCS Importer Problem

Postby Devilsbane » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:18 pm

I realize that this is from several years ago and that the OP will likely never view this topic again. But I wanted to post a reply for others like myself that may encounter this error since that part of the question was never addressed.

After looking through some of the svn logs, particularly the error log I found that the service was restarted just minutes before my svn-importer log file reports this file not found error. Makes sense that you can't copy your dump file to a location that is temporarily offline.

I am now loading my dump files manually using svnadmin load, 17 files where the max file size I used was 200MB (although a couple of the dump files are 225 or 232MB). This needs to be run locally and the command is "svnadmin.exe load C:\svnhome\repository < full_dump_xxxxxxx" where the C:\ is the location of your repository and the full_dump_xxxx is your dump file. I would also recommend using an output redirect so that the log info is saved to a file rather than printed on the screen. ""svnadmin.exe load C:\svnhome\repository < full_dump_xxxxxxx > log.txt"

Now off to investigate why the service restarts every morning at 12:05 AM. If anybody has an answer for that, I'm all ears.

Return to “Polarion SVN Importer (Repository Converter)”