svnimporter2 VSS File multiple questions

bopolissimus

svnimporter2 VSS File multiple questions

Postby bopolissimus » Mon May 21, 2012 11:17 pm

I'm importing from VSS6 to svn. There are a lot of labels in the VSS6 repository and because I need the labels converted into tags I used svnimporter2-0.6.1. (I *had* previously used svnimporter-1.2 and that worked well except for the labels being properties instead of tags). It seems svnimporter2 is the version to use for this. I have multiple issues though, thus multiple questions.

[ISSUES]
1. in svnimporter.log I have various errors, e.g. (project and filenames obscured)
1281 [main] ERROR org.polarion.svnimporter2.vss.internal.model.builders.RevisionBuilderFactory - Unexpected action: 'Moved $[Project] to $/[OtherDir]/[Project]', error resolving action id. Ignored!
org.polarion.migkit.vsscomapi.VSSComException: Unabled to resolve action for action string: 'Moved $[Project] to $/[OtherDir]/[Project]'. Available actions: [ActionId[id='0' prefix='Added ' suffix=''], ActionId[id='1' prefix='Created ' suffix=''], ActionId[id='2' prefix='Checked in ' suffix=''], ActionId[id='3' prefix='Labeled ' suffix=''], ActionId[id='4' prefix='Deleted ' suffix=''], ActionId[id='5' prefix='Recovered ' suffix=''], ActionId[id='6' prefix='Shared ' suffix=''], ActionId[id='7' prefix='Destroyed ' suffix=''], ActionId[id='8' prefix='Purged ' suffix=''], ActionId[id='9' prefix='Renamed ' suffix=''], ActionId[id='10' prefix='Branched at version ' suffix=''], ActionId[id='11' prefix='Rollback to version ' suffix='']]

3625 [main] ERROR org.polarion.svnimporter2.vss.internal.model.builders.RevisionBuilderFactory - Unexpected action: 'Unpinned $/[ProjectTrunk]/[subdir]/[filename]', error resolving action id. Ignored!

and there are similar unexpected action errors for "Pinned".

2. When I load the dump file into svn I also had File not found on a file in a branch. It seems the
move of the file was earlier in the dump file than the add. It's a 17GB dump file, so I only looked
at the first such error since I wasn't confident that my editor (vim in msysgit on windows) could
even load the whole file without windows running out of memory.

[QUESTIONS]

1. Regarding the Unexpected actions. Are Pin/unpin/move not supported in svnimporter2? (If that's the case I'll stop trying to use svnimporter2).

2. Regarding the incorrect order in the dump file. Is there a reference for the xml config file? In case it's a date format issue, perhaps it's possible to set the date format and related svnimporter 1.2 options? e.g.

vss.log.dateformat=d/MM/yy h:mma
vss.log.datelocale=en
vss.log.encoding=ISO-8859-1

Thanks for any assistance.

Gerald

engeleb

Re: svnimporter2 VSS File multiple questions

Postby engeleb » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:03 am

Hello Gerald,
1/
Unfortunately the svnimporter2 really does not support those actions:
Pinned files are treated as unpinned, moved files will be created at the location they were moved to.
svnimporter-1.2 also ignores those actions completely...

2/
The file not found could be caused by an inconsistency in the VSS database, running the VSS database cleanup tool could help in that situation.
It is also possible that the problem is a side-effect of not supporting the moves in that case only chance is to fix the dumpfile manually unless you want to fix svnimporter2 :-)
As far as i know vim will only load the parts of the file into memory you are looking at, therefore opening the dump should work fine.

Best Regards,
Benjamin

bopolissimus

Re: svnimporter2 VSS File multiple questions

Postby bopolissimus » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:53 pm

engeleb wrote:Unfortunately the svnimporter2 really does not support those actions:
Pinned files are treated as unpinned, moved files will be created at the location they were moved to.
svnimporter-1.2 also ignores those actions completely...

Thank you Benjamin. I can understand that pinned files are treated as unpinned. I need to switch to svnimporter2. I'll test there to see if the behavior of pinned files in branches is as I expect (i.e., if a file in trunk has new commits (ver 1...10,11,12,13,14) and the same file in a branch is pinned to an older version (e.g., ver 10) then after conversion, when the branch is checked out in svn, the pinned file should correspond to version 10 in the trunk.

The file not found could be caused by an inconsistency in the VSS database, running the VSS database cleanup tool could help in that situation.
It is also possible that the problem is a side-effect of not supporting the moves in that case only chance is to fix the dumpfile manually unless you want to fix svnimporter2 :-)

yes, I'll need to work with the svnimporter2 source. I've also been working with the vssmigrate source. Will do the migration with whichever version I can get to work as I need :-).

Gerald

Return to “Polarion SVN Importer (Repository Converter)”