C++ project files - Are VSS bindings removed?

reindeer17

C++ project files - Are VSS bindings removed?

Postby reindeer17 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:45 pm

Hi,

I used Polarion SVN Converter to extract C++ projects, with full change history, from a Visual Source Safe repository. So far I have created a dump file and I now intend to load it into an SVN repository. However, when I openend the generated dump file in a text editor I noticed that the Visual Source Safe binding information in project files still seems to be there. For example, I found many instances of the following text:

SccProjectName="SAK"
SccAuxPath="SAK"
SccLocalPath="SAK"
SccProvider="SAK"

and also text fragments like this one:

SccProjectName="<some file name>, <some string>"
SccAuxPath=""
SccLocalPath="..\..\.."
SccProvider="MSSCCI:Microsoft Visual SourceSafe">

where <some file name> and <some string> represent various strings.

Could you please let me know if Polarion SVN Converter removes the VSS binding information from project files?

Best regards,

Adam

kencorbin

Re: C++ project files - Are VSS bindings removed?

Postby kencorbin » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:46 pm

I really don't know anything about VSS or what VSS bindings are. Without some context i can't tell for certain, but my money would be betting that what you are seeing are the contents of different VSS configuration files. The importer doesn't know anything about the VSS build process, it just migrates the files that are in the archive. If those files happen to contain VSS binding information, then it goes along with everything else.

reindeer17

Re: C++ project files - Are VSS bindings removed?

Postby reindeer17 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:27 am

The VSS bindings described by me are found inside VC++ project files (*.vcproj and *.vcxproj), not VSS configuration files. The bindings are not removed by PolarionSVN. Consequently, after getting a converted VSS project from a new SVN directory I keep getting error messages about missing VSS information when opening projects in VC++. Fortunately, these messages seem harmless, i.e. they can be ignored.

Return to “Polarion SVN Importer (Repository Converter)”