VSS to SVN migration, '...Unabled to resolve action...'

blubberx

VSS to SVN migration, '...Unabled to resolve action...'

Postby blubberx » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:31 pm

Originally, VSS 5.0 (German language version) was in use here. After having some trouble with vss2svn, I wanted to give the Polarion SVN Importer a chance. Then I read that it only supports VSS 6.0 and 2005, so I installed VSS 6.0d (English language version) with its SP 6.0. Then I converted my VSS 5.0 repository (after several runs with the 5.0 analyze tool) to a 6.0 one with ddupd.exe.

Now I was good prepared, I thought to myself. I downloaded svnimporter2-0.6.1-dist.zip from http://www.polarion.com/downloads/svn.php and changed the configuration file conf-vss.xml to this:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<svnimporter>
   <!--Path for the main development line. Relative to project root.-->
   <trunkPath>trunk</trunkPath>
   <!--Location for tags. Relative to project root.-->
   <tagsPath>tags</tagsPath>
   <!--Folder for temporary data and the dump file-->
   <tempFolder>C:\TMP_VSS6</tempFolder>
   <project>
      <!--Project root - destination path for the project in subversion (this is where trunk an tags will be created)-->
      <basePath>vss</basePath>
      <provider id="org.polarion.svnimporter-2.vss.vssProvider">
         <!--The vss db location-->
         <database>C:\DevStudio\Vss\srcsafe.ini</database>
         <user>admin</user>
         <password></password>
         <!--The folder that will be exported-->
         <project>$/10036_AEGPS_PV</project>
         <!-- The vss version to be used.
            Use 0 for vss 6.0 and 8.0 for vss 2005 -->
         <vssVersion>0</vssVersion>
      </provider>
      <!--Just add more <project.../> sections to export more than one project in one run-->
   </project>
</svnimporter>

When I now run "run -c conf-vss.xml" at least some files of my first project "$/10036_AEGPS_PV" are converted, but there are also many errors like this:

1522 [main] ERROR org.polarion.svnimporter2.vss.internal.model.builders.RevisionBuilderFactory  - Unexpected action: 'Gelöscht ', error resolving action id. Ignored!
org.polarion.migkit.vsscomapi.VSSComException: Unabled to resolve action for action string: 'Gelöscht '. Available actions: [ActionId[id='0'  prefix='' suffix=' hinzugefügt'], ActionId[id='1'  prefix='' suffix=' erstellt'], ActionId[id='2'  prefix='' suffix=' eingecheckt'], ActionId[id='3'  prefix='Bezeichnet mit '' suffix='''], ActionId[id='4'  prefix='' suffix=' gelöscht'], ActionId[id='5'  prefix='' suffix=' wiederhergestellt'], ActionId[id='6'  prefix='' suffix=' freigegeben'], ActionId[id='7'  prefix='' suffix=' zerstört'], ActionId[id='8'  prefix='' suffix=' endgültig entfernt'], ActionId[id='9'  prefix='' suffix=' umbenannt'], ActionId[id='10'  prefix='Verzweigt bei Version ' suffix=''], ActionId[id='11'  prefix='Rollback to version ' suffix='']]
or this:

1634 [main] ERROR org.polarion.svnimporter2.vss.internal.model.builders.RevisionBuilderFactory  - Unexpected action: '$/BASE_XC167_APPL/Rechnerkarte-XC167-32F40.cfg gemeinsam genutzt', error resolving action id. Ignored!
org.polarion.migkit.vsscomapi.VSSComException: Unabled to resolve action for action string: '$/BASE_XC167_APPL/Rechnerkarte-XC167-32F40.cfg gemeinsam genutzt'. Available actions: [ActionId[id='0'  prefix='' suffix=' hinzugefügt'], ActionId[id='1'  prefix='' suffix=' erstellt'], ActionId[id='2'  prefix='' suffix=' eingecheckt'], ActionId[id='3'  prefix='Bezeichnet mit '' suffix='''], ActionId[id='4'  prefix='' suffix=' gelöscht'], ActionId[id='5'  prefix='' suffix=' wiederhergestellt'], ActionId[id='6'  prefix='' suffix=' freigegeben'], ActionId[id='7'  prefix='' suffix=' zerstört'], ActionId[id='8'  prefix='' suffix=' endgültig entfernt'], ActionId[id='9'  prefix='' suffix=' umbenannt'], ActionId[id='10'  prefix='Verzweigt bei Version ' suffix=''], ActionId[id='11'  prefix='Rollback to version ' suffix='']]
or this:

1892 [main] ERROR org.polarion.svnimporter2.vss.internal.model.builders.RevisionBuilderFactory  - Unexpected action: 'Endgültig entfernt ', error resolving action id. Ignored!
org.polarion.migkit.vsscomapi.VSSComException: Unabled to resolve action for action string: 'Endgültig entfernt '. Available actions: [ActionId[id='0'  prefix='' suffix=' hinzugefügt'], ActionId[id='1'  prefix='' suffix=' erstellt'], ActionId[id='2'  prefix='' suffix=' eingecheckt'], ActionId[id='3'  prefix='Bezeichnet mit '' suffix='''], ActionId[id='4'  prefix='' suffix=' gelöscht'], ActionId[id='5'  prefix='' suffix=' wiederhergestellt'], ActionId[id='6'  prefix='' suffix=' freigegeben'], ActionId[id='7'  prefix='' suffix=' zerstört'], ActionId[id='8'  prefix='' suffix=' endgültig entfernt'], ActionId[id='9'  prefix='' suffix=' umbenannt'], ActionId[id='10'  prefix='Verzweigt bei Version ' suffix=''], ActionId[id='11'  prefix='Rollback to version ' suffix='']]

It seems that the matching strings aren't completely correct, like described in this thread. So is there a way for me to change these strings? Or are there any other hints?

engeleb

Re: VSS to SVN migration, '...Unabled to resolve action...'

Postby engeleb » Wed May 04, 2011 1:39 pm

Hello,
you can edit <svnimporter>\plugins\org.polarion.svnimporter2.vss_0.8.1\lib\vss-comapi-0.5.5.jar\ActionPaterns_de.properties.

Best Regards,
Benjamin

blubberx

Re: VSS to SVN migration, '...Unabled to resolve action...'

Postby blubberx » Mon May 16, 2011 1:21 pm

Thanks for your hint, I will try this! :)

Return to “Polarion SVN Importer (Repository Converter)”