SvnImporter2 Problem: "error resolving action id"

cober

SvnImporter2 Problem: "error resolving action id"

Postby cober » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:51 pm

Hello,

i want to migrate a VSS database (version 6.0) to SVN.
i downloaded "SVN Importer 1.x" several weeks ago and was rather unhappy as it simply ignored all the VSS labels.
recently, i heard about the new "SVN Importer 2.x" being capable of converting VSS labels to SVN tags.

i gave it try, but unfortunately i got loads of errors. for every VSS label i got an error message like this:

Code: Select all

1469 [main] ERROR org.polarion.svnimporter2.vss.internal.model.builders.RevisionBuilderFactory  - Unexpected action: 'Labeled 'ReleaseMPData support -End-'', error resolving action id. Ignored!
org.polarion.migkit.vsscomapi.VSSComException: Unabled to resolve action for action string: 'Labeled 'ReleaseMPData support -End-''. Available actions: [ActionId[id='0'  prefix='' suffix=' hinzugefügt'], ActionId[id='1'  prefix='' suffix=' erstellt'], ActionId[id='2'  prefix='' suffix=' eingecheckt'], ActionId[id='3'  prefix='Bezeichnet mit '' suffix='''], ActionId[id='4'  prefix='' suffix=' gelöscht'], ActionId[id='5'  prefix='' suffix=' wiederhergestellt'], ActionId[id='6'  prefix='' suffix=' freigegeben'], ActionId[id='7'  prefix='' suffix=' zerstört'], ActionId[id='8'  prefix='' suffix=' endgültig entfernt'], ActionId[id='9'  prefix='' suffix=' umbenannt'], ActionId[id='10'  prefix='Verzweigt bei Version ' suffix=''], ActionId[id='11'  prefix='Rollback to version ' suffix='']]
   at org.polarion.migkit.vsscomapi.ActionId.resolveAction(ActionId.java:102)
   at org.polarion.svnimporter2.vss.internal.model.builders.RevisionBuilderFactory.builderInstance(RevisionBuilderFactory.java:196)
   at org.polarion.svnimporter2.vss.internal.model.RevisionCollector.collectRevisions(RevisionCollector.java:96)
   at org.polarion.svnimporter2.vss.internal.model.RevisionCollector.processEntity(RevisionCollector.java:149)
   at org.polarion.svnimporter2.vss.internal.model.RevisionCollector.visitItem(RevisionCollector.java:77)
   at org.polarion.svnimporter2.vss.internal.model.VSSEntity.accept(VSSEntity.java:181)
   at org.polarion.svnimporter2.vss.internal.VSSProvider.appendVersions(VSSProvider.java:205)
   at org.polarion.svnimporter2.core.SVNImporterApplication.createHistoryDump(SVNImporterApplication.java:257)
   at org.polarion.svnimporter2.core.SVNImporterApplication.run(SVNImporterApplication.java:125)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(PlatformActivator.java:335)
   at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:273)
   at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:129)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:183)
   at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:644)
   at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:628)

it seems like the configuration .xml file for the SVN Importer is ok (at least the SVN Importer has access to my VSS database and is able to retrieve the VSS labels).
i already investigated some other forum threads, where users reported quite similar (but not exactly the same) problems. but none of these forum discussions lead to a working solution.

please, can somebody help me figuring out what is going wrong here? is this a bug in the SVN Importer?
did somebody ever manage to successfully migrate from VSS to SVN with SVN Importer V2.x?

best regards,
christoph

engeleb

Re: SvnImporter2 Problem: "error resolving action id"

Postby engeleb » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:26 am

Hello,
the history in VSS is language dependent. The importer assumes that the language of the VSS history is the same as the language of the operating system.

It seems your operating system language is German, but the history entries in VSS are English. To override the language used by the importer open a console and run set VM_ARGS=-Duser.language=en and then start the importer (in the same console) by calling run.bat.

Best Regards,
Benjamin

cober

Re: SvnImporter2 Problem: "error resolving action id"

Postby cober » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:28 am

hello benjamin,

that did it! with VM_ARGS=-Duser.language=en set, the SvnImporter2 is doing fine on my SourceSafe database!
thanks a lot for your help!

cheers,
christoph

Return to “Polarion SVN Importer (Repository Converter)”