Making a contribution to SVNConverter

mbools

Making a contribution to SVNConverter

Postby mbools » Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:30 am

Is there a way to help with SVN converter?

I have run into a problem converting a PVCS repository (PVCS VM v7.5.1.0 Build 297) which I think is down to a parse problem in org.polarion.svnimporter.pvcsprovider.internal.VlogParser.

I have had a look at the source using a webbrowser but I cannot get the source using SVN (I assume there is some authorisation required - either that or one network people have somehow blocked me :( ).

Anyway, I would like to take a close look at this problem and hopefully resolve it. So, is it possible to get access to the SVN Converter repository and how should I submit any solution I find?

Regards,
Mark Bools
Principia IT Ltd

timthelin

Postby timthelin » Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:38 pm

Point a subversion client at:
http://svn.polarion.org/repos/community ... rter/trunk
And you'll have anonymous read access; it will at least let you hack at it

To build it you need apache maven 1.x (don't use 2.x)

dobisekm

Postby dobisekm » Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:27 pm

Hi Mark,

I am sorry for the late answer, we had a busy time with other tasks.

As timthelin already pointed out, the SVN repository is open for anonymous read acces, therefore you can get the sources using a SVN client. We warmly welcome all people contributions - there are several ways how you can do it:

1) If you plan something bigger, then we can discuss it via users mailing list (see http://polarion.org/index.php?page=mail ... vnimporter) and create the Polarion and SVN writable account for you to contribute directly.

2) You can just submit your fix as a SVN patch file (either to forums or to the mailing list) and we will review and commit it to the SVN (of course, giving you a credit in changes.txt).

I hope this helps,

Best,

Michal Dobisek
Polarion Team

Return to “Polarion SVN Importer (Repository Converter)”